Our campsite is a small friendly site, ideal if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to spend time in the gorgeous countryside of the Yorkshire Dales, on a traditional working farm which has been run for the last 40 years by Edward and myself Margaret Hird.
We are just 1 mile our of the quaint village of Austwick which has a great local pub, essential I always think, and a shop/post office for those last minute supplies.
In the area you are spoilt for things to do with the Lake District on the doorstep, many beautiful walks both for the rambler and the ambler, and a whole range of local towns, events and activities.
The campsite has been here for around 30 years now and generations are still coming back year on year, which I think says it all. We pride ourselves and recieve fantastic feedback from our visitors about the cleanliness and friendly feel our site provides.
- 6 pitches, all on individual hard area sites
- Seasonal pitches available
- Electric hook up available
- * NEW * Shower, washing & toilet facilities situated at farmhouse 150m walk, water and elsan on site so pack a torch. Completely refurbished 2011
- Easy access, 2 miles off A65
- On a working farm so you can see the new lambs at Easter
- Family friendly (kids can play in the field-no banned ball games here!)
- Pet friendly